Friday, May 4, 2007

Much Belayed Travel Photos, and Street Style: Pet Edition

My trip to New York recently. Here is my slice of the apple:

This little guy was crossing the street in the West Village. I give him and his owner (a quirky homme) the honor of being the best dressed chien. St. Patrick's Cathedral, in the middle of 5th Ave. Truly amazing and beautiful. It was built and used by Irish immigrants, so it was originally quite daring to place it in the center of one of the richest areas of the city. Also amazing to see this gothic (or should I say neo-gothic) architecture in the middle of the high fashion boutiques, many of wich are rather modern in design.
The best cupcakes in Manhattan at Magnolia Bakery, which I ate at a small park accompanied by some pigeons.
One of the other highlights of my trip was conversing with a very enthusiastic employee at the West Village boutique Blush. He was from Barbados and had a comment from about everything from Rihanna to our similar red knit berets. Surprisingly, the said beret was a hit. A few guys called me out on it in the theater district.